There are several branches of primary care at Piedmont HealthCare: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and Urgent Care.
Family medicine involves comprehensive care for infants, children and adults of all ages. This scope of medicine provides preventive health care and management of acute and chronic diseases. Often a family medicine provider will treat the entire family.
The family practice providers of Piedmont Healthcare offer comprehensive patient care in their offices such as:
- Preventive care and wellness exams
- Treatment of minor injuries and illness
- Management of chronic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, thyroid disorders
- Pediatric care
- Women’s health – gynecologic exams, contraception
- Men’s health
- Same-day sick visits
- On-site or nearby laboratory and X-ray
- And much more
Family medicine providers also coordinate with other medical specialties and/or hospital services as necessary. To learn more about Piedmont HealthCare’s primary care providers, please search our directory.