Specialty: Cosmetic Medicine & Aesthetic Laser, Family Medicine
Dr. James McNabb is uniquely qualified to provide comprehensive medical care for you and your family. He is a board certified family physician and fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians, with broad training and 30 years of experience providing and teaching Family Medicine. Dr. McNabb enjoys all aspects of medical practice including musculoskeletal medicine, aesthetic medicine, skin surgery, office procedures and providing longitudinal health care for generations of patients. Not only is he engaged in the full-time practice of family medicine, but he is a nationally recognized teacher and lecturer. Dr. McNabb is also an award-winning author of the acclaimed medical textbook – A Practical Guide to Joint and Soft Tissue Injections published by Wolters Kluwer Health – now in it’s 3rd edition.
Our focus is to provide personalized, full-service primary medical care for all members of your family. We look to engage each person as an active participant in his or her own health through collaboration and shared decision-making. Our office serves as the center of our patient’s healthcare. Full Circle Family Medicine strives to be “Your Medical Home”. We also provide Internet-based encounters through our “ Online Housecall” option.
PHC – Full Circle Family Medicine has earned NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition for using evidence-based, patient-centered processes that focus on highly coordinated care and long‐term, participative relationships. The NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home is a model of primary care that combines teamwork and information technology to improve care, improve patients’ experience of care and reduce costs. Medical homes foster ongoing partnerships between patients and their personal clinicians, instead of approaching care as the sum of episodic office visits. Each patient’s care is overseen by clinician-led care teams that coordinate treatment across the health care system. Research shows that medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patient and provider reported experiences of care.
Family medicine is the medical specialty which provides continuing, comprehensive health care for the individual and family. It is a specialty in breadth that integrates the biological, clinical and behavioral sciences. The scope of family medicine encompasses all ages, both sexes, each organ system and every disease entity.
- Care for patients of all ages
- Childrens’ medical services
- Women’s and Men’s health
- Acute medical care
- Care of chronic medical conditions
- Physical examinations
- Medicare Preventive Visits
- Injections of painful joints, tendonitis, bursitis and heel spurs
- Synvisc injections for knee osteoarthritis.
- Dermatology procedures including skin biopsies, skin cancer surgeries, mole removals, skin laceration repair, minimal incision removal of cysts/lipomas, wart removal and cryosurgery of skin lesions using liquid nitrogen.
- Testopel insertions
- Casting and splinting of broken bones and sprains
- Allergy testing and treatment
- EKG, 24 hour cardiac Holter monitoring, cardiac event monitoring
- Lung function testing
- Gynecology procedures including pap smears and endometrial biopsies
- Hearing and vision screening
- Blood and urine laboratory testing
Cosmetic Medicine Procedures:
- Laser and Intelligent Pulsed Light (IPL) treatments
- Pearl Laser for facial skin resurfacing
- ProWave 770 for removal of unwanted hair
- LimeLight for facial redness/age spots
- Laser Genesis for facial scars, rosacea, background redness, uneven texture & large pores
- CoolGlide Excel Vascular Laser for the treatment of unsightly facial veins and leg spider veins
- Photodynamic Therapy using Levulan® for treatment of acne, rosacea and actinic keratosis
- Cosmetic surgery removal of moles and other unsightly skin lesions with the Ellman Surgitron radiofrequency unit
- Botox® Cosmetic treatment of dynamic facial wrinkles
- Skin filler treatment using Restylane®, Juvéderm™, and Perlane® to fill facial lines and enhance lips
- SkinPen® treatment of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Glycolic face peels for less aggressive treatments, or used to maintain the improvement from our lasers
St. Marks Lutheran Church, The Lake Norman Big Band – president
Dr. McNabb grew up in Hannibal, Missouri before moving to Florida in high school. He and his wife, Liz, have 3 children. Liz is a registered nurse and works in the office. She is an avid quilter. Ian graduated from Elon University with a degree in sports management and works as a technical recruiter in Charlotte. Bryce graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill as a communications major. He is gainfully employed as the COO of a marketing firm that specializes in documentary style videos in Durham. Caitlin graduated from Meredith College, works in Raleigh as a graphic designer and also has a business creating amazing calligraphy. During his “free time” Dr. McNabb enjoys visiting with friends & family, playing jazz trombone with The Lake Norman Big Band, exercising, and fly fishing. He and Liz are active members of Saint Mark’s Lutheran Church.