Piedmont HealthCare General Surgery is pleased to welcome David Ellertson, MD. He joins James C. Foxworthy, MD, FACS, and Gary T. Robinson, MD, FACS.
All of our general surgeons are experienced in all of the following areas:
- Alimentary Tract (including Bariatric Surgery)
- Abdomen and its Contents
- Breast, Skin and Soft Tissue
- Endocrine System
- Solid Organ Transplantation
- Pediatric Surgery
- Surgical Critical Care
- Surgical Oncology (including Head and Neck Surgery)
- Trauma/Burns and Emergency Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
Due to today’s high-tech instrumentation and advanced technology, procedures such as major abdominal surgery are now replaced with minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques that often reduce pain, accelerate recuperation, and reduce cost without sacrificing good outcomes. General surgeons provide life-saving procedures every day, such as appendectomy, splenectomy or curative cancer surgery.