PHC White Internal Medicine & Quality Improvement
PHC White Internal Medicine is currently working toward Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition. According to the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH) practice inspires quality in care, cultivates more engaging patient relationships, and captures savings through expanded access and delivery options that align patient preferences with payer and provider capabilities.
PHC White Internal Medicine has implemented several quality improvement projects throughout 2017. The practice worked to improve in the following areas:
- Decrease in number of patients in need of a Pneumovax vaccination – improved scores by 2%.
- Decrease in number of patients in need of a Prevnar vaccination – improved scores by 24%.
- Focus on ensuring that all diabetic patients have an A1C <8.
- Worked to get women scheduled for their mammograms.
- Focus on decreasing high blood pressure (BP = 140/90 or more) with a staggering 95% of population achieving blood pressure control.
- Focus to decrease the number of diabetic patients needing their microalbumin checked– improved percentage of patients by 17%
- Focus on getting patients in for their Medicare Annual Wellness Visit– improved percentage of patients needing Annual Wellness Exams by 11%.
- Focused on cost reduction, by making generic medications available to patients.
- Opened up daily same day appointment slots, to allow patients to get appointments in a timely manner when needed for sick/urgent visits.
- Implemented a Care Coordination department staffed with nurses and a clinical team. Their role is to reach out to patients by phone in-between their visits to the office, working with patients to help them meet their health goals (lowering blood pressure, lowering blood sugar, increasing exercise, weight loss, etc.).
- Worked to reduce hospital readmissions by partnering with care coordination to ensure patients received calls after discharge from the hospital to check on them and to get them scheduled for a follow-up appointment at the office.
- Conducted patient satisfaction survey to learn best what patients would like to see improved within the practice. The team worked hard and had significant improvements in the following areas:
- Speed of registration
- Getting Through on the Phone
- Friendliness of Staff
- Waiting time in Exam room
Thank you for your participation in our quality improvement efforts!
Continue to Invest in YOUR HEALTH!
Talk to your provider today to determine if you are due for any of the tests below:
- Annual Wellness Visit
- Pneumonia Vaccines
- Flu Vaccine
- Pap & Pelvic Exam
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Bone Mass Measurements
- Cardiovascular Screening
- Diabetes Screening
- Aortic Aneurysm Screening
- For Diabetic Patients
- Cholesterol Screening
- Micro Albumin
- Glaucoma Screening