Davie Internal Medicine – Dr. Gonzalez has implemented several quality improvement projects throughout 2016 and 2017. The practice worked to improve in the following areas:
- Decrease in number of patients in need of a Pneumonia vaccination – improved scores by 21%.
- Focus on capturing A1C levels of diabetic patients and ensuring that all diabetic patients have an A1C < 8.
- Focus on women scheduling their mammograms – improved percentage of patients needing mammograms by 2.5%.
- Focus on decreasing hypertension – improved percentage in three months by 2%..
- Focus on getting patients in for their Medicare Annual Wellness Visit with a goal of 85% receiving the service by end of year – improved percentage of patients needing Annual Wellness Exams to only 9% of their Medicare population!
- Focused on reducing the A1C level of their vulnerable population (diabetic patients under the age of 65) – improved percentage by 10%!
- Focused on cost reduction, by making generic medications available to patients
- Opened up daily same day appointment slots, to allow patients to get appointments in a timely manner, as well as extended office hours.
- Implemented a Care Coordination department staffed with nurses and a clinical team. Their role is to reach out to patients by phone in-between their visits to the office, working with patients to help them meet their health goals (lowering blood pressure, lowering blood sugar, increasing exercise, weight loss, etc.).
- Conducted patient satisfaction survey to learn best what patients would like to see improved within the practice. The practice worked to meet patient expectations and saw improvement in most every measure within the survey.
PHC – Davie Internal Medicine
100 Ridgeview Drive