Mooresville Pediatric and Adolescent Care & Quality Improvement
Mooresville Pediatric & Adolescent Care is currently working toward Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition. According to the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH) practice inspires quality in care, cultivates more engaging patient relationships, and captures savings through expanded access and delivery options that align patient preferences with payer and provider capabilities.
Mooresville Pediatric and Adolescent Care implemented several quality improvement projects throughout 2016 and 2017. The practice worked to improve in the following areas:
- Decreased the number of patients in need of an MMR vaccination – improved scores by 1.5%.
- Decreased the number of patients in need of a Td vaccination – improved scores by 7.59%
- Focused on decreasing the number of patients who needed their M-CHAT screening. Improved percentage by 10% from Q1 to Q2, 2017.
- Focused on decreasing the number of patients who needed Well Child visits.
- Worked to get patients in to the clinic for follow up visits for ADHD, Asthma, and Obesity. Improved by as much as 11%
- Focused on reviewing medications with patients. Improved scores by 5% from Q4 2016 to Q1 2017
- Focused on follow up after hospital admissions in an effort to keep children from have a less than 30 day readmission. Mooresville Pediatric and Adolescent Care maintained a 0% readmission rate.
- Focused on cost reduction, by making generic medications available to patients.
- Opened up daily same day appointment slots, to allow patients to get appointments in a timely manner, as well as extended office hours.
- Implemented a Care Coordination department staffed with nurses and a clinical team. Their role is to reach out to patients by phone in-between their visits to the office, working with patients to help them meet their health goals (lowering blood sugar, increasing exercise, weight loss, etc.).
- Conducted patient satisfaction survey to learn best what patients would like to see improved within the practice.
Thank you for your participation in our quality improvement efforts!
Continue to Invest in YOUR HEALTH!
Talk to your provider today to determine if you are due for any of the preventative care below:
- Well Child Visit
- Developmental Screening
- DtaP Vaccines
- IPV Vaccines
- Rotavirus Vaccines
- Pneumococcal Vaccines
- HiB Vaccines
- Hepatitis B Vaccines
- Varicella Vaccines
- Hepatitis A Vaccines
- MMR Vaccines
- Meningococcal Vaccines
- Tdap Vaccines
- HPV Vaccines