Internal medicine is the medical specialty that applies scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to diagnose and treat a broad spectrum of illnesses. Internal medicine doctors, often referred to as internists are physicians who provide long-term, comprehensive care, managing both common and complex illnesses in adolescents, adults, and the elderly. Internists are trained in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, infections, and diseases affecting the heart, blood, kidneys, joints, and digestive, respiratory and vascular systems. They are also trained in the essentials of primary care internal medicine with a focus on disease prevention, wellness, substance abuse, mental health, and effective treatment of common problems of the eyes, ears, skin, nervous system, and reproductive organs.
- PHC – Anita Misra, MD
- PHC – Harlan M. Hicks, M.D.
- PHC – Internal Medicine & Weight Management
- PHC – Joshi Internal Medicine
- PHC – Lake Norman Internal Medicine
- PHC – Marks, Foushee, & Acevedo
- PHC – Melissa Champe-Seagle, M.D.
- PHC – Sherlock Internal Medicine
- PHC – William A. White, M.D.
- PHC – Piedmont Internal Medicine