PHC Bright Futures Pediatrics Works Toward PCMH Recognition
Bright Futures implemented several quality improvement projects in 2016-2017. The practice worked to improve in the following areas:
- Focus on decreasing the number of patients overdue for HPV vaccination – Improved scores by 16.5%
- Focus on decreasing the number of patients who are overdue for their Well Child Visit.
- Decreased the number of patients who have not had their M-CHAT Screening. Improved scores by 6.74%
- Decreased the number of patients with only one M-CHAT complete – Improved scores by almost 4%
- Worked to get patients in to the clinic for follow up visits for ADHD/ADD – Improved scores by 5%
- Worked to get patients in to the clinic for follow up of obesity of patients with a BMI greater than 95% – Improved scores by 14%
- Implemented a campaign to decrease the number of patients who are overdue for their Meningococcal vaccinations.
- Focused on reviewing medications with patients.
- Focused on follow up after hospital admissions in an effort to keep children from have a less than 30 day readmission.
- Implemented a Care Coordination department staffed with nurses and a clinical team. Their role is to reach out to patients by phone in-between their visits to the office, working with patients to help them meet their health goals (lowering blood pressure, lowering blood sugar, increasing exercise, weight loss, etc.)
- Implemented Phreesia to improve check-in wait times.
Thank you for your participation in our quality improvement efforts!
Continue to Invest in YOUR HEALTH!
Talk to your provider today to determine if you are due for any of the preventative care below:
- Well Child Visit
- Developmental Screening
- DtaP Vaccines
- IPV Vaccines
- Rotavirus Vaccines
- Pneumococcal Vaccines
- HiB Vaccines
- Hepatitis B Vaccines
- Varicella Vaccines
- Hepatitis A Vaccines
- MMR Vaccines
- Meningococcal Vaccines
- Tdap Vaccines
- HPV Vaccines